Rising Strong: Resiliency and Owning Our Stories
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
This group is perfect for you if you have experienced a setback in life and would like to learn how to rise up and bounce back from it. The Rising Strong™ process is about what it takes to get back up after failures, mistakes and downfalls. In this group, we go deep into our painful and uncomfortable moments, work through our emotions and hold ourselves accountable to get up and grow from the past as we move into the future. We will learn how get curious about our story and rumble with the emotions that keep our story in place, so that we can write a daring new ending.
11/4/2023, 11/11/2023, & 11/25/2023 – 1:00pm (ET) to 4:00pm (ET)
WHO IS THIS FOR:
This is limited to 8 members interested in want to further explore how to rise up and bounce back from setbacks in life. To participate in this workshop, you will need: To have read Daring Greatly and Rising Strong, a quiet place to do the work, art supplies, photographs (these will be specific to each lesson), and your workbook (which will be provided prior to the start of the workshop).
WHAT IS RISING STRONG™?
Rising Strong describes a 3-phase process of bouncing back from failure, which you can implement both in your own life and as a team or company, in order to embrace setbacks as part of life, deal with your emotions, confront your own ideas and rise stronger every time.
WHO IS DR. BRENÉ BROWN?
Brené Brown is an American professor, lecturer, author, and podcast host. Brown is known in particular for her research on shame, vulnerability, and leadership, and for her widely viewed TEDx talk in 2010. She has wrote multiple New York Times Bestsellers and is a well sought out corporate trainer and speaker on leadership.
DURING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How understanding your value will help you light your way forward in the dark. What behaviors do you have which support and protect your values and what behaviors serve as red flags that you’ve walked away from your own light.
- How to own our own stories we make up around our struggle, challenge our assumptions of what is true and re-write our endings.
- How to cultivate curiosity around our emotions, where they stem from and what gets us emotionally hooked.
- The unproductive ways we “manage” or discharge emotion when we are trying to avoid feeling it, also known as “offloading hurt”.
- Understanding vulnerability — the myths you believe about it and where you picked them up.
- Rumbling with shame – the intensely painful feeling or experience of believing that what we are flawed and therefore unworthy of love and belonging.
Working through feelings of loss and longing.
- Understanding how you manage anxiety – whether you are over-functioning or under-functioning.
HOW TO WATCH THE TRAINING:
This is a LIVE workshop. Once you complete your payment, you’ll receive a link to view the training workshop through a special invitation for all 3 separate dates. These sessions are strictly confidential, so NO RECORDINGS will be allowed or available for this training.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Pen and paper if you would like to take notes in a nice and quiet place
- Rising Strong™ by Brené Brown (book)
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown (book)
- A quiet place to do the work
- Art supplies
- Photographs (these will be specific to each lesson), and
- Your workbook (which will be provided prior to the start of the workshop).