Have Difficult Conversations Effectively
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
How a conversation starts will determine how it ends. According to research, 96% of all conversations will end the way it begins. In this workshop, we will equip you with the tools to navigate challenging conversations through an introspective look at our own emotions, stories, and mindset and to give you confidence in the practical elements of navigating high stakes conversations like a professional negotiator. The techniques you will walk away with from this workshop will work across all relationships – workplace, marriage, parenting, and partnerships, and it will work no matter how difficult the content may be.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
Managers, Supervisors, Directors
A team lead
Anyone who leads a team wanting to increase their interpersonal relationship skills and navigate difficult conversations better.
WHY ARE DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS SO DIFFICULT?
According to the authors of Crucial Conversations, whenever there is a dialogue between two or more people and the stakes are high, there are opposing opinions, and when emotions are strong, this is what constitutes a crucial and difficult conversation. Many people, however, who do not learn the skill of navigating these situations can often find themselves in a “gridlock,” a term used by Dr. John Gottman. Gridlock is essentially when a person digs their heel into the ground. We will all get emotional, that is a fact. But can we learn the skill to manage our emotions so that our emotions do not manage us. This is the first and most important step to navigating difficult conversations.
DURING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU’LL LEARN:
- You will learn various conversation techniques like the F.A.N. formula and the S.W.A.G. conversation technique.
- You will learn to start with me and unpack emotional triggers, responses, and create space for creating alternative perspectives
- You will walk away with a better understand of why difficult conversations are difficult for us and what we can do about it
- You will gain confidence in leaning into your next difficult conversation because of the tools you will learn from this workshop experience.
HOW TO WATCH THE TRAINING:
This workshop will be LIVE. Once you complete your payment, you’ll receive a link to access the training and all the information you need to get started.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Computer or Phone
2. Pen and paper if you would like to take notes
3. A nice quiet place to listen