Golf is Therapy: 7 Essential life skills you can learn from golf
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
Golf can be one of the most frustration experiences you put yourself through at will. And, this game can also be one of your greatest teacher. In this intimate 90-minute experiential workshop, you will learn fundamental exercises to enhance your mental wellbeing, your mental strength, and mental health through golf. The game of golf is a breeding ground to teach you valuable life lessons that will apply in all areas of your personal and professional life. As you may already know, this game is one of the best places for business deals to occure, mainly because you get the opportunity to learn so much about a person in just one round of golf. In this workshop, you will learn 7 essential life skills golf will illuminate and techniques on how to handle them both on the golf course and in life. This course is taught by Dr. Mat Park, a leading sport psychologist on the LPGA, PGA, and Korn Ferry Tour, and an executive coach training some of the best minds in the world.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
Managers, Supervisors, Directors
A team lead
Anyone who leads a team wanting to increase their interpersonal relationship skills and navigate difficult conversations better.
WHY IS GOLF SO CHALLENGING, YET SO ATTRACTIVE?
Golf has the ability to trigger shame, embarrassment, fear, and at the same time offer moments of elation, pride, and courage in any given moment. Like life, our emotions are activated in a round of golf and we are forced to focus on things that matter and work (e.g., staying present, breathing, focusing on things we can control, setting up a pre and post shot routine). These skills help golfers navigate both the emotional and physical terrains of golf.
DURING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU’LL LEARN:
- You will learn 7 essential skills that will help you increase your mental wellbeing through lessons learned on the golf course
- You will learn how to apply these 7 skills in life and in business to enhance your overall performance
- You will gain insights into how this game, when approached correctly, can be one of your greatest teachers on navigating the various challenges we experience in life.
- You will leave with a deeper desire and appreciation for this game.
HOW TO WATCH THE TRAINING:
This workshop will be LIVE. Once you complete your payment, you’ll receive a link to access the training and all the information you need to get started.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Computer or Phone
2. Pen and paper if you would like to take notes
3. A nice quiet place to listen